Deut. 8:2-3



Deut. 8: 2-3

And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live."

Yes, Lord, You have led me in the wilderness these many years, and especially there for awhile it was so hard! It was to 'humble me", and you are still in the process of doing this; bringing me to a place where I am totally surrendered and dependant on You. Yes, all of this is to"prove me - to know what is in mine heart and whether or not I will keep thy commandments and be quiet and still before You.

Yes, Lord, following You involves hardship at times... Many of the trials are a direct result of the narrow path that we have chosen to follow - the path that You have put us on - the path that we took because of Your grace - the path that brings peace in spite of persecution.

Although the way is hard, it is worth more than all the gold and silver in the world! Yes, You have allowed problems with no apparent solutions, financial difficulties, ill health...The devil has tempted me sorely this morning...but praise be to You, O Lord! For You have given me this verse to encourage me!

Surely You have "humbled me" and "suffered me to hunger" after You. And...You have "fed me with manna". You have given me better health from time to time when the going was so rough that I didn't know whether or not I was going to "make it". Yes, Lord, indeed You have made me know that man doth not live by bread only, "but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord". If I have You and Your Word, I have EVERYTHING. I do not NEED health, but I do need You! You are precious, and Your Word is my DELIGHT! Hold me in Your arms forever. You are all I really need! In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: