How I Sometimes Meditate in the Word


So HOW has God ordained that we should be made holy, purified, consecrated? By eating his WORD. :)

It comes through the careful STUDY of WORDS - God's WORDS. As we imbibe His words and their meanings, God works surrender in our hearts and a sweet EXPERIENCE WITH HIM.

Jesus said, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy WORD is truth"(Jn.17:17), so those who are REALLY in the WORD have a special promise and assurance from God that they have an everlasting INHERITANCE (possession) of HIM and that they are being slowly sanctified.

Let me explain HOW I sometimes "meditate". Perhaps you will find my method helpful in your study as well.

First, I usually take a passage, and then I take one verse at a time (usually just one or two a day). I have a Thompson Chain Reference Bible, so it has little topics by each verse about what that verse is about. I enjoy looking up the verses that deal with that topic. You could probably use a Topical Bible to do this as well.

Then I look up "Key" words in that verse in the Strong's Concordance. Finding the meanings is REALLY INTERESTING sometimes! Then I take the verse and pray it to God and usually apply it to my life for that day in whatever I'm going through. Application to life is what makes Bible Study so much FUN, isn't it?

The best way to get the most out of this is to open your own Bible and read the verse or verses and look for the KEY words and "meditate" or "chew" on those words yourself BEFORE you read how God has blessed me with them.

I would love to hear some of your thoughts and how God is applying them to your life as well today!

Originally I walked through whole Psalms, and it seemed like God kept bringing circumstances in my life to line up exactly with the verse for the day. It was amazing! But then we DO have an amazing God! :) Don't we?

No comments: