Psalm 1:3


Psalm 1:3

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Ah, Lord, as I look out here upon this land that we live on, there are no big trees anywhere except on the edges of the property and down by the creek - down by the "rivers of water".. And I'm amazed by the trees that are right on the edge whose roots are visible. The roots are so long and spread out and strong and deep! Lord, I want my "roots" in Thee to be deep, deep, deep! I want to be like the tree that is planted by the rivers of water! In the place we lived awhile back, many times I looked out while I was praying toward the creek we had then and marveled at the really, tall, straight trees that You had planted there. I often thought of this verse. Lord, make me like a tree planted by the rivers of water - firmly rooted in You!...

...Rivers of living water = Holy Spirit! (Jn. 7:38-39a) So I am the "tree" that YOU have planted, and as I "drink" of You at Your beautiful rivers, I shall be satisfied and filled with Your Holy Spirit. Then I will bring forth fruits of the Spirit in my life -"love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance..." (Gal 5:22-23) .

No comments: