Lay HOLD on Eternal Life




I Tim. 6:12 says..."lay HOLD on eternal life".

To lay hold means "to seize". This reminds me of Mt. 11:12, ".....the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."

The word "violence" here means "to crowd oneself into". There are going to be many people that crowd heaven's door, but there is going to be no entrance for them...because they were trying to get in the "wrong way"...by works or whatever... rather than through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

But then, only those whose hearts are really changed and made holy will be those with "true faith". There IS a spurious faith, a "false one" that is not real. The REAL one produces holiness in the life and a "whole-heartedness" for God.
"Follow peace and HOLINESS without which no man shall see the Lord."

Mt. 11:12 seems to indicate that those who really make it to heaven will be those who are violent (i.e. a "forcer"). Doesn't this imply that we cannot at all live a "half-hearted" Christianity? We must be SERIOUS, totally serious!
Lukewarmness Christ will spew out of his mouth! Where is MY heart? How serious am I about living whole-heartedly for Christ?

Am I DISTRACTED?
My prayer is that God will give me grace to lay aside all weights that keep me from running HARD after God! And you?

No comments: