Spiritual Deception and Apostacy


Our "family devotion" this morning was from II Peter 2. It's the passage that talks about false teachers and such... I think there are many false teachers in the church these days...

Spiritual Deception and Apostacy
are here. Would you agree?


One of the main "false teachings" in Christianity is a Christianity that is devoid of the teachings of sanctification and holiness. It seems that most people don't focus on holiness as Heb.12:14 says we should. Do you find this to be true?

The verse that really stuck out to me from II Pet. 2 was verse 7... " And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked..."

The word "vexed" means "to labor down, i.e. wear with toil (fig. harass) :-oppress, vex."

Verse 8 says, "(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

"Vexed" in this verse means "to torture:-pain, toil, torment, toss,
vex".

Interesting definition.... :)

This is how I feel sometimes when I overhear "Christian rock"
music...

Or when I get a glimpse of a section of movie...


The Spirit within me does not "bear witness" with such...It grieves me terribly.The irreverence and the worldliness of such is a "torment" to my spirit. Do any of you feel this way?

Have you ever done a "music fast"? I have heard it said that if we
were to do a total "music fast" for awhile...and then perhaps bring out some of the stuff we have heard before, we would feel "shocked".....

No comments: