Psalm 1:1-2



Psalm 1: 1-2

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly nor standeth in the way of sinners nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Lord, everyone wants to be happy!....Thank-You for giving me the secret right here in this verse. You tell me that the prescription for happiness is to meditate and delight in Your law day and night! Lord, may I really get a "hold" of this! Yes, I WILL be blessed if I delight in Your law! And not only must I find pleasure in DOING Your Word, but I must ENJOY MEDITATING on it!

Lord, 1) this verse doesn' t say that I will be happy if I read five chapters in the Old Testament every morning and five chapters in the New Testament every night. 2) It doesn't say that I will be happy if I study a topic or a theological question by looking up all the verses as I do "cross referencing" on it. 3) It doesn't say that I will be happy if I study one or several verses and do "word studies" from the concordance and meditate on the meanings of all the important words.

Whoa!...

Lord, I've realized that I could do all these things, but it wouldn't bring happiness unless I am DELIGHTING in it all! The word "delight" from Strong's Concordance carries the ideas of pleasure... desire... pleasant... a valuable thing... O Lord,... You are showing me that this verse is TRUE! As I meditate here I find that I LOVE doing it! I have found real happiness in MEDITATION this morning. Thank-You, Lord. Amen!

No comments: