My Heart's Cry


God is my TREASURE, but not as much as I would like....

Listening to sermons by Dr. John Piper at www.desiringGod.org have inspired me for years to "run hard after God"....but...

My heart desires Him more...and more!

I love most of those sermons by Piper, but I only wish he preached more on holiness, the outward as well as the inward life. For therein lies the truth... not one, but both are important!

True holiness is sadly lacking in most of the churches today, and apostacy is already here...

Where are the people who are truly undistracted by this world and its glitter? Where are the people who prize a deep relationship with God far above anything and everything in their lives...who truly make God their
TREASURE?

Where are the people who are crying to God for revival? If you are a woman with a heart like this, I'd like to meet you. :)

The times when I have felt the Lord's presence the most in my life were times of great trial....the death of my toddler and the "deepest night" with my illness.

God is good, and I have often prayed, "Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." Ps. 73: 25-26

I have longed and prayed for revival, in my own heart and in the hearts of those I love....

This morning as I was out walking my log and praying, I looked up at the most beautiful "picture"....the sun shining on the gorgeous trees with fall colors and the blue, blue, blue sky in the background. And the Lord gave me a prayer for today,


"Make us as holy and pure and spiritual, Lord, as the sky is BLUE. Amen!"

No comments: