Idols


What is your idol?

Big question, huh?

I read this morning from Ezekiel 14:3-5...

"Son of man, these men have set up their idols IN THEIR HEART, and put the stumbling block of their iniquity before their face....

I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols; That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all ESTRANGED FROM ME through their IDOLS."

IDOLS....

Anything can have our "heart" and be an idol to us...yes, even good
things!

There were idols in my heart in my early marriage...idols of"beautiful, frilly curtains, perfectly matched things, pictures of my beautiful babies on the wall, beauty in the home"

The Lord had to take these idols down....

I believe my DH and children have been idols in my life as well...Yes, the "perfect family idol"....The Lord had to destroy that one, too...

If we are truly God's children he won't allow the idols to stay in our
hearts...

I also think of Mt. 15:8...

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me
with their lips; but their HEART IS FAR FROM ME."

There are so many things that have people's hearts.....a business, music, "to be the perfect Prov. 31 woman", perfect children, an immaculate house,and on we could go...

The question is "Where is my HEART?" What do I think about most? What takes up most of my time? Is God totally leading in it and in the middle of it or not? Is He FIRST? Are my thoughts continually drawn to Him?

I also read Ps. 10:4 this morning...

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after
God: GOD IS NOT IN ALL HIS THOUGHTS."

Very interesting, huh? A wicked person doesn't have God in all his
thoughts.

Do we have God in all our thoughts?

Searching questions!

Well, I was talking to a friend this awhile back about marriage for our children, and she said, "The most important thing is that the prospect is a man that loves God with all his heart!"

Well, how can you tell if a person really loves God with all his heart? By what he talks about! Are His thoughts and words centered on God and on His Word?

Good gauge to go by, I guess...and unfortunately I don't know very many young men anywhere like that, do you?

Meditating.....

Comments?

No comments: